Candidates belonging to General / OBC Category scoring minimum 60% and SC/ST/PWD category scoring minimum 50% in the qualifying degree examination are only eligible to apply.
Wherever CGPA/OGPA or Letter Grade in a degree is awarded, equivalent percentage marks should be indicated in the online application (as per norms adopted by the University/Institute). No rounding off percentage would be allowed.
Upper age limit is 25 years for Engineering Professionals and 27 years for HR professionals, as on 1.12.2010.
The selection methodology will comprise of written test, group discussion and personal interview. The written test will be objective multiple-choice test paper consisting of two parts, Part I – Test on General Aptitude and Part II – Test on Technical/Professional Knowledge. The candidates short listed in the written test will be required to appear for group discussion. The candidates who are short listed in the group discussion will be required to appear for personal interview. However, the final selection will be subject to the candidate’s clearing medical examination. Further, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards / criteria in order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for group discussion/personal interview, if so required. Management may also relax / lower the qualifying standards / criteria in case required number of candidates is not available.
Please note mere involvement in the various stages of recruitment / selection process (written test, group discussion, personal interview, pre-employment medical examination etc.) does not confer any right to candidate for employment with BPCL.
The written test will be conducted in the month of January, 2011 at Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Baroda, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Chandigarh, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kochi, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna & Visakhapatnam. Two preferred choices will have to be opted for by the candidate. However, BPCL reserves the right to cancel or add any centre depending on the response in that area/centre.
Final selection will be subject to the candidate’s clearing the medical examination. The candidate should be of sound health and appointment of the selected candidate will be subject to meeting the health standards prescribed by the Corporation.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (PWD)
PWD candidates will have to submit valid Disability Certificate issued by Competent authority satisfying the minimum degree of disability of 40% in respective categories.
For PWD candidates, based on the physical requirements, the categories of the disabled suitable for jobs / disciplines are as follows:
||Type of Disability
||OA, OL, BL, HH, LV
||OA, OL, BL, OAL, B, LV, HH
OL – One Leg, OA – One Arm, OAL – One Arm & One Leg, BL – Both
Legs, HH – Hearing Handicapped, B – Blind, LV – Low Vision
EMOLUMENTS & PLACEMENTS
Engineering Professionals will be appointed in Job Group “A” on basic pay of Rs.24,900/- (in the salary scale of 24900 - 50500) Plus Variable Dearness Allowance (VDA) and other allowances/benefits admissible as per the rules of the Corporation. After successful completion of probation, their services will be confirmed in Job Group ‘A’.
HR Professionals will be appointed in Job Group ‘A’ on basic pay of Rs.29,100/- (in the salary scale of 24900 - 50500) Plus VDA and other allowances/benefits admissible as per the rules of the Corporation. After successful completion of probation, their services will be confirmed in Job Group ‘B’.
Mechanical & Electrical engineering candidates’ postings will be at any of BPCL locations across the country.
Fire Engineering candidates’ current posting will be at Mumbai Refinery.
HR & Computer Science engineering candidates’ current postings will be in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Kochi Refinery.
However, services of all positions are transferable across the country, as required by the corporation.
- Reservation of posts for SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/Persons With
Disabilities (PWD) will be as per Presidential / Government directives.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC ( Non-Creamy Layer ) and 10 years for PWD candidates. PWD candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer) category, will be given relaxation over and above the age relaxation available to PWD candidates.
- OBC candidates belonging to creamy layer will not be entitled for reservation and hence should indicate their category as General.
- Those candidates domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989 will be allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- Age relaxation by 5 years for Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (Including ECO’s/SSCO’s) subject to rendering minimum 5 years military service and fulfillment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India.
- Outstation candidates belonging to SC/ST and PWD category, will be reimbursed 2nd Class rail fare by the shortest route to examination centre provided the distance travelled is not less than 30 Kms ( candidates opting for examination center other than the center nearest from their mailing address will not be reimbursed the traveling expenses). The travel claim forms will be available on the website and at the respective test center. Candidates are required to submit the travel claim forms properly filled in, along with the proof of travel/attested true copy of valid caste/disability certificate as applicable, at the time of written test. Kindly note that travel claims sent by post will not be entertained.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates have to apply on-line by logging on to the website of BPCL i.e www.bpclcareers.in. Online submission of the application will be allowed on the website from 01.12.2010 to 15.12.2010.
Applications sent through any other means / mode shall not be accepted.
While applying online, candidate should have the following readily available :
1. E-mail ID (which must be valid for at least one year from the date of application)
2. Demand Draft of Rs. 400/- as processing and examination fee for the candidates belonging to General and OBC categories only. SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from processing and examination fees.
DD details ( if applicable ) and valid e-mail ID are mandatory fields without which applications will not be registered.
The above fee paid through Demand Draft is non refundable and should be drawn in favour of "Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited" payable at Mumbai only. Demand drafts payable at locations other than Mumbai will not be accepted. Money Order / Postal Order or any other mode of payment is not acceptable.
STEPS FOR APPLYING
||Go to www.bpclcareers.in website.
||Go to link Careers @ BPCL Current Openings, to view the full
(Read the details very carefully before applying.)
|| Click on “Apply” to fill up the application form.
(“Apply & Print Registration Slip” links are placed at the bottom of this
|| After filling the Application form, click on SUBMIT button to complete
the Registration process. This will open up the Registration slip screen.
Click on PRINT button to print the Registration slip with unique
(Please note that once you click on SUBMIT, you cannot go back
and edit your filled Online form. Registration slip however, can be
reprinted till 15.12.2010.)
||Paste a recent passport size photograph on the registration slip, attach the
DD (having name and registration number duly written on the back of DD)
or caste/disability certificate as applicable and send the same by ordinary
post to the address given below latest by 22.12.2010.
BHARAT PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED
POST BOX NO. 5463, GPO, BANGALORE – 560 001
Only original registration slip ( no photocopy ) shall be accepted.
||If your candidature is found eligible, you will be intimated by email latest
by 11.01.2011 regarding the written test. On receipt of the email, you will
have to once again log in to www.bpclcareers.in and go to the link ‘Careers
@ BPCL Current Openings’, login with your unique Registration no.
and DOB (Password is your Date of Birth) and click on PRINT THE
||Print the admit card and paste a recent passport size photograph and carry
the admit card to the examination centre on the date and time
Photograph affixed on registration slip and admit card should be the same.
The envelope should be superscribed with “ APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF MANAGEMENT TRAINEE “.
Candidate should take special care not to staple the Demand Draft. They should use pins for fastening all documents / demand drafts.
Intimation regarding examination schedule, admit card along with specimen questions, etc shall be sent by email/post to the address provided in the application. BPCL will not be responsible for any loss of email/admit card sent, due to invalid/wrong email id/wrong postal address/postal delays/loss in transit etc.
- Only Indian Nationals can apply.
- Those who already applied in BPCL for the above positions during last one year should not apply.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates are required to submit attested true copy of valid caste certificate issued by Competent Authority in prescribed format for Central PSUs, alongwith the registration slip.
- SC/ST candidates are required to submit attested true copy of valid caste certificate issued by Competent Authority in prescribed format, alongwith the registration slip.
- PWD candidates are required to submit attested true copy of valid disability certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed format along with the registration slip.
- PWD candidates belonging to OBC(Non-Creamy Layer) /SC/ST category will have to submit attested true copy of valid caste certificate and Disability Certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed formats, alongwith the registration slip.
- All qualifications should be full time regular courses from an Indian University / Institute recognized by AICTE/ Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC. The courses offered by Autonomous Institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved/recognized by AIU/ UGC/AICTE.
- Candidates employed in Govt. departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies have to produce NOC at the time of interview.
- Candidates, who have submitted the on line application successfully and whose applications are found in order in all respects, will be called for written test. The candidature of such candidate whose registration slip along with documents received after the stipulated time will be rejected.
- Visually handicapped candidates who have asked for Scribe in the application form will be provided scribe for the written test. Candidates are not allowed to bring their own scribe.
- Registration slip should not have any enclosure except the demand draft or Caste/Disability certificate as applicable.
- Registration slip received with more than one Demand Draft and photocopies of Registration slip/Demand Draft will be rejected.
- Candidates will be allowed to appear for the written test only with Admit card and not with the Registration Slip.
- Candidates should retain a photocopy of their Demand Draft and Registration Slip for future reference.
- BPCL reserves the right to cancel / restrict / enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
- In case any ambiguity / dispute arises on account of interpretation in versions other than English, the English version will prevail.
- Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Mumbai.
- While applying for the above post, the applicant must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility and other norms mentioned above, as on the specified dates and the particulars furnished are correct in all respects. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment / selection that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect / false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will automatically stand cancelled. If any of the above shortcoming(s) is/are detected even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated without any Notice.
- Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
|Commencement of online registration of applications by candidates
|Last date for receipt of online applications
|Last date for accepting registration slips with required documents by post
|Intimation to candidates regarding admit cards by email latest by
|All India Written Test